Kambrya College firmly embeds the mantra of “Maximising the potential of each student” into its Later Years Program. Our philosophy and actions are visible through our relentless pursuit of pathways that will give every student the greatest opportunity for success in the real world. Our objective is to provide students with a comprehensive network of support from Year 7 through to Year 12.
All of our students and parents in Year 11 and 12 benefit from:
- A focused and strategic Later Years Leadership Team who are constantly seeking to improve student outcomes and provide students with outstanding pastoral care.
- A highly proficient teaching team who go above and beyond to ensure students exceed their potential. This includes additional support classes.
- Intensive Careers Counselling and Course Direction from Year 9 to ensure that appropriate pathways are followed, including ‘Pre-VCE’ and ‘Pre-VCAL’ pathways at Year 10.
- Ongoing support from the Careers Counsellors to review pathway progress and assist with transitions to further study, training or work.
- Data based conversations about student progress, including personalised examination preparation plans.
- The opportunity to participate in the Year 11 Debutante Ball
- Mentoring support for Year 12 students to assist with stress management and academic progress.
- A supervised and well resourced study room, along with access to a kitchenette.
- Year 12 study camp, where all students develop positive study strategies and build constructive relationships with their peers.
- Senior leadership opportunities, including the opportunity to become School Captains, represent their peers on the College Council, or promote student well being as Year 11 and Year 12 Prefects.
- The opportunity to remain connected with the College through the Kambrya College Alumni.
The chance to enroll in VET courses onsite, including Hair Dressing, Beauty, Sport and Recreation, Hospitality, Automotive, and Plumbing.
Later Years Pathways
Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)
This must be completed across two years and is the pathway that students are directed to should they wish to pursue further tertiary study beyond school and/or enter a profession which requires VCE as a prerequisite. Students may choose from a range of studies.
Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL)
This has both an Intermediate (Year 11) and Senior (Year 12) certificate and is the pathway that students are directed to should they wish to pursue a more applied learning experience and to accelerate their career. It requires all students to complete a VET (see below) as well as a Structured Work Placement in a related industry/profession. All students must complete their core strands (eg. Literacy, Numeracy) but have some flexibility to choose a VCE elective.
Vocational Education & Training in schools (VETiS)
This is the opportunity for all students to enrol in nationally recognised certificate (eg. Certificate II Hospitality, Certificate III Sport and Recreation) as a part of their studies. VCAL students must complete a VET, whilst VCE students may choose to include it as credit towards their program.
Want to know more?
More information is available in the Later Years Handbook. If you would like to further discuss any components of the Later Years Program at Kambrya College, please feel free to contact the College, on 9707 7600.